Thursday, October 13, 2011

I Fail and Call, He Catches and Answers

I've been wanting to write about this for a while now, cause it's just a total God thing.
Last Sunday my youth group leaders (This is the couple with the four blondies) were hosting a dinner for Gravity (the youth group). Sure, whatever, "It'll be fun." I thought. Nice time to just hangout. But on Saturday I discovered my sister would be busy at a race (Like a car race, ya know, dirt track) with my dad and my oldest sister was busy with another youth group she helps lead. So, it was left to me.  Was I going to step out of my comfort zone and support one of my favorite families and their wonderful efforts at helping us have better relationships with God or was I going to whimp out because I'm shy? I battled it out in my mind until Sunday morning...I KNEW I needed to give it to God and that He would give me strength to go and support them, despite my desire not to go as a lone ranger. But I just couldn't give it to Him. I was afraid He really DID want me to go (why wouldn't He?!) and I really didn't want to. Sitting in church I still rolled around with it in my mind. Finally, trying to sneak around in my own mind, I did it. I just gave it to God. As silly as that sounds, it was hard for me. So it was deciceded...the Lord wanted me to show my support and go. A few momenst after walking through the door to my house my sister announced that the race had been canceled (Whaa?) due to rain. I had just come inside from a gorgeous early Fall, late Summer day and the fact that the track was only about an hour or so away was pretty silly that it had rained enough to cancel the race.
Shhhh...don't tell my sister and daddy but...I was rejoicing! Look at what God had done! Even though I selfishly hadn't wanted to give the situation to God, after I had He still listened to my fears and made a way to comfort me. It was after I had come to terms with the idea of going alone, ahem excuse, with the LORD, that He surprised me in a way I never expected. I had put my trust in Him, I had taken the step off the mountain and He didn't fail to catch me.
Doesn't that go to show just how glorious our Lord is?! Granted, I WAS sad that my Daddy and Sister had to miss out on one of the last races of the season, I'm not TOO selfish. And even if the race hadn't been canceled and I still had to go alone, the Lord was still with me. Not to mention the fact that the meal had been canceled due to the fact that a bunch of other meals were happening that night. Is our Lord awesome or what?! I would have only had to endure a normal night of Bible study with God to lean on. He's. Just. That. Cool. I failing at trusting Him and when I finally called out in fear, He caught me gently and answered my prayer in His perfect timing.
Love to all lovelies,
Hannah Dorothy

2 comments:

  1. I really like your blog,it's so refreshing. Oh and by the way,I love country music too even though I'm not american:)By the way,have you heard about Jennette McCurdy? She sings great country songs:)God Bless ya!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! It's sooo nice to hear from someone I don't know that likes my writing! Sweet! Hmm..I don't think so, I'll look her up. God bless you, girl!

    ReplyDelete

Thought Collector {Leave your thoughts about my posts here, less baggage when you leave}