Friday, January 6, 2012

It's Lovely

Crazy. That's one word that comes to mind when I think of my life lately. But also, lovely.

~It's lovely to have a cheap dinner at Taco Bell {$3.95 Powned.} with your two lovely sisters after the first day back at school.
~It's lovely to make cookies and watch people enjoy them.
~It's lovely to dump on your sisters worries and struggles no one else would understand.
~It's lovely to pray in the moonlight.
~It's lovely to have such a green winter.
~It's lovely to know God gives grace even when we don't deserve it.
~It's lovely to be living.
~It's lovely to feel good after working out.
~My God is lovely.
Sometimes life happens. 
Sometimes harsh words pour out onto the people you love. 
Sometimes you feel broken down. 
Sometimes you don't feel pretty.
Sometimes you don't act pretty.
But all the time, our God is faithful. 
All the time He is good.
All the time He forgives you.
All the time He is changing you.
All the time you can choose to be selfless instead of selfish.

God's been showing me lately that life is easy  hard.
It takes a lot of hard, painful, faithful work to be the person I was meant to be. Everyday, I have to work hard to be selfless and ignore what I want to do and do what God wants me to. Sometimes I just plain don't want to be selfless. But I can guarantee that the feeling you have after you've done your selfish deed and hurt those you love (or maybe don't love so much) you feel like dirty laundry. Like something that should be thrown out. It's an awful feeling, and I'm all too familiar with it. One of my 2012 Goals is to be selfless. It's such a beautiful thing, I want to be a part of it. 

2012 has begun. What are you doing differently?
Hannah Dorothy 2012
~Peace. One of my three words for the year. Jesus is my Prince of Peace. I want to be His princess.
~Compassion. Second word of 2012. This world is harsh and cruel. I want to change that.
~Purity. My last word of 2012. This means so much to me this year. I do so many things that compromise my hearts purity. Those foul words I hear, those foul things I see, those crazy jokes I laugh at. My heart will be pure for my Lord, the Holy One.
~Verse - John 3:30 He must become greater, I must become less.
 
Have a wonderful 2012 lovelies. Let's let this be the year we let God change our generation, if we'll let Him, He could use us to change the world. 

Love,
hannah dorothy

This is a blurred picture of the moon from last Spring/Summer<3
 
  Another picture of our God's amazing creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thought Collector {Leave your thoughts about my posts here, less baggage when you leave}