Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Winter Blues and Summer Tunes

Ahh. Sometimes in the Winter I just feel trapped. Like I can't do anything. Like the life is sucked out of everything around me. Maybe not exactly that bad but still...sometimes I get the Winter blues. It's harder for me to workout in the Winter. To feel motivated. To be full of life. Sometimes...I just adore Winter. I mean the gorgeous Winter sky is just...breathtaking. But I like to feel like I'm getting somewhere. Like I'm accomplishing things and I don't feel like that a lot in Winter. But I'm praying and working on changing that this Winter. And now...I'm getting excited about that! Change, I mean. Change is an amazing thing...sometimes it's so darn scary but others times...it's just so wonderful. It's fresh. It's new. It's clean.

But I really do love Summertime.

The no school. The working outside. The reservoir beach days. The late nights. The sound of the dirt track. Vacation Bible School days praising Jesus and loving little kids. Christian camp and more praising Jesus.
Sundresses.
County Fair.
Country music blasting.
Windows down.
AC on high.
Sweet Summer Time

This Summer I am determined to have more fun with how I dress. Be more courageous. Wear those sundresses whenever I feel like it. Take an extra half hour to make it be a "cute" day.

Anywho...it's not sweet summer time...yet.
But for now I will be content with the season God has given me.


This is actually from last Winter {2010}. My friend Marissa and I at out homeschool classes:)


Picture taken at the reservoir one early day in Summer 2011:) Four of us went that day {My oldest sister Lizz, second sister Abi and their best friend and our third sister, Steph}

Memorial Day 2011 at my Uncle and Aunt's farm...playing on their granddaughter's toys:)
{Enjoy the little things in life...literally.}


I'm very proud of this. As of last Summer I can still fit into our dryer. AND close the door! Boosh.


My kittie, Howie, and I studying Chemistry in my room this Fall

Happy Tuesday!
love,
hannah dorothy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thought Collector {Leave your thoughts about my posts here, less baggage when you leave}