Saturday, November 26, 2011

Cozy Iowan Saturdays:)

Afternoon, ladies and gents from my corner in cold, rainy Iowa to yours. 
I'm sorry I haven't written in so long, but hey, sometimes life gets in the way of blog life;)
Thanksgiving was two days ago! Gosh...I love Thanksgiving. My family celebrates by having my mama's side of the family over and eating until all we can do is sit and stare at each other in silence. Psh! Who am I kidding? Holidays are never quiet around here! It's a lot of fun. Everyone brings waay too much food and then everyone eats waay too much food and we talk waay too much and laugh waay too much. It's pretty great and if you can get along with some crazy hicks you'll fit right in.
I've never participated in Black Friday...haha I couldn't handle it. Crowded stores are not my thing. But this year Abi (my sister) and I decided to check it out. So we got up at 1am and headed to town...ahahaha! JUST KIDDING. Nothing you can buy at the store is worth getting up that early...I don't think.
Although I would welcome that adventure one of these years.
Anyway....
Abi and I did drag our sorry bums outa bed in time to meet the oldest sister, Lizz, for lunch on her break. The chick just started at Wally World. That's right. I know, be jealous. My sister works at my favorite store. We also got our hair cut. My cutter (what do you call her?!) was nice enough to inform me that I have a cowlick. Day = made. The mall was our next stop abut we weren't too impressed with any of the sales the stores were running so we ended up at Wally World again. I did buy a red cardigan, which kind of made me super excited for the three Christmas get togethers we have coming up. It was a fun day and the perfect way to end it was...
Breaking out the Christmas decorations!
Yeeesss! I LOVE Christmas...the lights of the tree have always just been magical. So as my sisters, mama and I sang the Christmas tree up with the same music we've been listening to on that same day for years...I realized this joy and togetherness will sometime end...one day my sisters will be married with their own trees to put up and this old farm house will be lonely without our warm laughter. The moral of this story...cherish the time you have with loved ones now. You will miss it one day, I promise.
Later that night the girls {Note...I will refer to my sisters as "the girls" all the time in this blog. Don't ask why that's just what we call them {Note numero dos...we usually means my family and I}) best friend came over. Stephanie became sister number three years ago and is moving to another state for college soon:( Boo.
We all four smashed on the couch (a usual occurrence) and used two laptops to look at Pinterest. Fo real ya'll...Pinterest is a drug. We spent at least and hour and a half on it. Don't judge.
After staying up til about 1am it was difficult for me to get outa bed this morning but I finally did. My mama, sisters and I went out to my Uncle's farm to package a pig they're giving us. Granted, they cut it up for us before we put it in the bags;) I showered when we got home, had lunch with the family and now am sitting on the floor in my living room. Wind is howling outside. I'm warm and cozy inside. That's how it's supposed to be. Now that I've given you a play by play of my last few days...let's move on to more interesting subjects, yes? Yes.
I've started a prayer journal/blessings journal and I'm really enjoying it. It's a place to let all my fears go right into the hands of my Savior, right where they're supposed to be. It also helps me realize how incredibly blessed I am. No, my family isn't rich and yes we struggle with money, but I have so much. For real...at the end of a day just think about all you have that many people can't even imagine having.
My sisters have showed up on my lists at least twice already. It really makes you think.
I would also like to mention the fact that I bought a purse the other day for $7 marked down from $20. Boosh.
The Lord also dropped into my lap a $4 sweater from Hollister. BA. OOSH.
I'll sign out for now...I'm on Pinterest and watching 27 Dresses...very important matters, ya'll.
Have a wonderful, rainy, cozy Saturday,
Hannah Dorothy:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thought Collector {Leave your thoughts about my posts here, less baggage when you leave}